[Design-team] Fedora Remix logos

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 18:49:38 UTC 2009

>>> I'm wondering who is the maintainer of the Fedora Remix logos? And
>>> whether someone can package them up into a fedora-remix-logos package
>>> to make them easier to use for things like plymouth boot screens (to
>>> replace that horrid hotdog thing). I originally filed a bug [1] to get
>>> them added to the generic-logos package but it was suggested a new
>>> package might be better. In the short term it would be great to be
>>> able to use it for the Moblin Remix for F-12 (which will be mainline
>>> for F-13 :-) ) but also it would be useful to make it easier for
>>> people like the sugar team to be able to add a remix label to their
>>> releases so its more easily identifiable as something based on Fedora
>>> :-)
>>
>> You have to talk with Paul and/or Mo about it. I believe you will be
>> allowed to package the PNGs, but not the SVG source.
>
> That's exactly the case.
>
> Peter, what kind of branding do you have for the Moblin Remix right now?
> Wouldn't you want the Moblin brand to have more weight than the Fedora
> remix brand? Or are you looking for just a generic 'Fedora Remix' theme
> without any reference to the particular remix?

I was just looking for the remix logos to be packaged so it would be
easy to use them for any remix just like the fedora-logos and
generic-logos packages. I'm not planning on having any real branding
for the moblin stuff at all for F-12 as it will be a remix but I was
going to have a chat with you at FUDCon about themeing etc for the
F-13 time frame where it should be an official spin. I was hoping to
easily use the remix logos in the F-12 moblin remix but also make it
easy for the Sugar Labs guys to use it in their SoaS and for others to
use.

Cheers,
Peter