[Design-team] F12 Countdown Banner

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Mon Oct 19 21:17:43 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

Does anybody have the cycles to take the beta banner and refactor it
into a countdown banner?

Here's some examples of ones we've done in the past for inspiration:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Artwork_PromoBanners_fedora8-countdown-banner.png

https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/e/e9/Artwork_PromoBanners_fedora9-countdown-banner.png

https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/b/ba/Fedora10-countdown-banner.png

https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/2/24/Deepsky-fedora11-countdown-banner_1c.png

Note our preferred font here is MgOpen Modata, but if you wanna do
something a bit more creative like the F8 one, that's cool too. The SVGs
have special tags in them that the banner script hooks into in order to
generate the images with all the numeric values in them, so you only
need to produce one image. For an example SVG check out this page, which
catalogs all of the countdown banners I gave as examples above:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/PromoBanners#Fedora_Release_Banners

Let me know if you're interested in picking up this task and I'd be
happy to help you get started.

~m