[Design-team] Hello New Member

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Oct 23 07:51:52 UTC 2009

On 10/22/2009 10:22 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On 10/22/2009 03:17 PM, James Mulroy wrote:
>> I have had a look at the ticket system, I see that there is a job to do
>> a simple banner for the typographic/font sig, I am working on it now.
>>> We grant you membership in the team group in the account system upon
>>> successful completion of the task.
>
> Cool! Here's some tips to help you work through the task:
>
> - currently our banners are speced for 200px by 100px. Here's an
> example: http://fedoraproject.org/static/images/banners/f11release.png
>
> - they typically have rounded corners
>
> - The font we use is MgOpen Modata. It's available in Fedora with 'yum
> install mgopen-fonts -y'. You can also download it here:
> http://www.zvr.gr/typo/mgopen/index

If I understand correctly, he is working on a wiki banner for the Fonts
SIG - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Fonts

Those have a different size and layout and possibly the request may be
closed but without an update to the ticket.

But speaking of that, the wiki banners could use a facelift and update
to MgOpen fonts.