[Design-team] F13 Artwork Process

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Wed Oct 28 13:47:34 UTC 2009

On 10/28/2009 08:43 AM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 October 2009 10:59:52 Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> On 10/28/2009 11:33 AM, Martin Sourada wrote:
>>> I think the F12 schedule worked rather well, we slipped a few times a
>>> few days or a week and skipped most of the wallpaper refreshes -- I
>>> think it's unnecessary to have that many wallpaper refreshes. I've tried
>>> to keep in sync with our work the Key milestones [1] so you can compare
>>> what we did in time and when we did it.
>> A characteristic of this cycle was we had some *very good* designs *very
>> early* in the process, we got complacent about them and a long period of
>> inactivity occurred (this is why I think we missed refreshes).
>> Then close to the Beta we tried a refreshed look and post-beta due to
>> *some* fedback, a major and unexpected refresh occurred.
> Indeed! I totally agree with you. So we need more feedback - probably through
> more refreshes for alpha, more communication out of design team. It's really
> too late in time after beta (that's was one problem with F12 schedules - it
> was bad communicated what does it mean alpha and beta for F12 - beta is now
> practically final release, release candidate).

I don't understand how we could have communicated the alpha and beta
artwork any better than we did. We sent mails, we posted multiple blogs,
and I even posted on identi.ca and solicited people in IRC to give feedback.

It's really frustrating that folks wait until the very very last minute
to voice their opinion.