[Design-team] F13 Artwork Process

Clint Savage herlo at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 28 21:11:01 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 09:47:34AM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:

>> > Indeed! I totally agree with you. So we need more feedback - probably through
>> > more refreshes for alpha, more communication out of design team. It's really
>> > too late in time after beta (that's was one problem with F12 schedules - it
>> > was bad communicated what does it mean alpha and beta for F12 - beta is now
>> > practically final release, release candidate).
>>
>> I don't understand how we could have communicated the alpha and beta
>> artwork any better than we did. We sent mails, we posted multiple blogs,
>> and I even posted on identi.ca and solicited people in IRC to give feedback.
>>
>> It's really frustrating that folks wait until the very very last minute
>> to voice their opinion.
>
> I thought the Design team did a great job communicating to everyone in
> the F12 cycle.  Be that as it may, I'll be happy to propagate the
> drafts in this next cycle, to encourage more and earlier feedback
> anywhere you think it's not reaching already.
>
> --
> Paul W. Frields                                http://paul.frields.org/

I think it goes without saying that we as people, are procrastinators.
 I made my comments on Mairin's blog, but I'm not unhappy with the
design that has become overall.  I just wish I had spoken up sooner to
say I liked the beta design very much and that you shouldn't change
it.  I didn't though, so I only have myself to blame.

I do think though, that it is possible to package up the beta design
too, which might be a good compromise if people (besides myself) are
interested in the older designs.

Cheers,

Clint