[Design-team] F13 Artwork Process

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 22:35:29 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 20:03 -0200, Wolnei Cândido Tomazelli Junior
wrote:
> Why in the previous versions only the design team choice the art then
> will presents on computer of millions of users?
> The decision of this should be of community by vote the alpha mockups
> like Fedora 10, so we would have the opinion that we want and we only
> received in the last hour.
Someone has to make the decision. The millions you are talking about had
multiple chances to comment. We have blog-posted on fedora planet after
every package update and specifically  asked for feedback from anyone.
I'm personally against open vote for such thing like default background,
otherwise we would ended up with a totally cool but totally unusable
wallpaper that half of the community would adore and the other half
despise... What the design team is trying to do when deciding on the
default is both educated decision and considering feedback from our
users. That cannot be fully achieved with open vote.

Martin