[Design-team] f12 wallpaper

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Mon Sep 14 12:30:28 UTC 2009

On 09/14/2009 07:43 AM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> Maybe try some ideas by Nicu like blurring furthest squares. But please stay
> with this design as I've already prepared our KDE splash screen [1], KDM theme
> [2], matching this background and soon there's Splash screens deadline and
> there's still lot of work on F12. I'm not saying not to work on it, but please
> no bug changes - like going with completely different wallpaper ;-) It's still
> not final but...

FWIW I don't think anyone is proposing a very drastic change here like a
change in concept, palette, style, etc. It does not appear to be a
difficult prospect to swap in one of the wallpapers under consideration
for the other in your designs; your integration of the wallpaper is
visually just adding it as a backdrop.

I don't know if you have seen María's more recent version of the tiles
wallpaper, but the two wallpapers are similar in design (one is a
simpler and more regular rendering of tiles, the other is a more complex
and less regular tiles rendering) and they share a palette and concept.
If we decide to go with a different version of the mosaic tiles
wallpaper at this point in the schedule, I don't think it would be as
disruptive as you seem to think it would be.