[Design-team] Development of DIY Folding Media Sleeve

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 09:30:55 UTC 2009

Greetings Design Team,

I would like to work with a designer to develop a one page, color,
printable 8.5x11 page that can be printed, folded and used to identify
and protect a downloaded and burned CD or DVD copy of Fedora.  This
would be useful when pressed media is either unavailable or
inaccessible for any number of reasons.  The audience I would like
write for and target is "family informal tech support providers."
Quite a bit of useful printed information can be provided about Linux,
Fedora and support resources on the sleeve along with check boxes or
spaces to write in what version is contained inside the sleeve.

One comparable sample comes from Ubuntu though I think a better
folding method can be used.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/CDSleeves?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=nbussett2.pdf

Larry Cafiero and I think this would be very useful but I am still
struggling to find the time to develop it myself and I didn't want to
wait any longer to see if anyone else is able and willing to help. I
look forward to speaking with someone about this.

Grant Bowman
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors