[Design-team] Fedora 12 Design Schedule Reminder

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Sep 17 09:59:50 UTC 2009

On Thursday 17 September 2009 09:27:53 Nicu Buculei wrote:
> On 09/16/2009 08:02 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > On 09/14/2009 07:56 PM, John Poelstra wrote:
> >> Name                                               Start           End
> >>
> >> Finalize Splash Screens                            Thu 2009-09-17  Thu
> >> 2009-09-17
> >> Package: Final Splash Screens                      Fri 2009-09-18  Fri
> >> 2009-09-18
> >> Final Packaging of All Release Artwork             Tue 2009-09-29  Tue
> >> 2009-09-29
> >> Final (Beta) Freeze: Development Code Complete     Tue 2009-09-29  Tue
> >> 2009-09-29
> >> Create Count Down Graphic                          Tue 2009-09-29  Tue
> >> 2009-10-13
> >
> > We are very unlikely to make these deadlines at this point.
>
> My proposal is to draw a line and go as a default with:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Constantine_Perspective_Mosaico.svg
>
> Meaning we start doing splashes based on it.

KDM splash screen is ready, KDM theme needs some more fine tuning.

> We are late in the process and missed enough deadlines, so we can't
> afford delaying more. And I think this particular graphic is good.

+1

There are other Fedora projects/teams totally breaking deadlines and
development freezes so don't worry... Artwork team did great job, thanks! But
if we really want high grade software we should together work on following
deadlines and freezes. It's another story...

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275
Mobile: +420 731 455 332