[Design-team] Design team ticket tackling: The Project

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Apr 6 09:04:30 UTC 2010

On 04/06/2010 10:25 AM, Mel Chua wrote:

> So here's the problem:
>
> The Design team has a bunch of tickets.
>
> They need to be done.

Cleaning is so needed there...

> They also need to be made more possible to work through - right now the
> pile is large and daunting, assumes a lot of background knowledge, uses
> acronyms, may not have a clear workflow... and so forth. Can you, as a
> newcomer, figure out what the Design Team does and how to help it? If
> not, this is a bug - and it's a bug that is our fault, and you will be
> helping us by pointing out how we can fix it. What resources do we need
> to provide to new Design contributors in order to smoothly get them started?

Let me put some background: initially we used a wiki page to collect
requests, a process that was far from optimal but still gathered quite a
bunch of them.

Later we migrated to a proper ticketing system and everything we had in
the wiki was imported in bulk (they have "ianweller" as the reporter),
so they may have at this point lost the link with the original reporter.
For many of them we don't really know the current status.

There are also some tickets where someone from the Design team started
some work on them and then the ticket went on hiatus.

> Your mission: close tickets. (Contact Mel Chua if you're not exactly
> sure what that means.)

What I think we need first is to figure which of those tickets are still
valid (requester still existing, project still existing, problem not
already solved by  other means). With this done, the queue will become
again manageable.