[Design-team] Fedora UX design

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 13:44:34 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 09:59:35AM +0200, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 April 2010 01:30:48 pm Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > Hi Design team,
> >
> > I've been working on a write up for the strategic working group
> > regarding UX design, and I want to make sure I'm clearly stating the
> > role of the Fedora Design team and how they interact with other
> > groups.  The page I wrote is posted here:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pfrields/Desktop_user_experience_design
> > ers
> >
> > Are there places in that page where I could more explicitly outline
> > the work the Design team does regularly with other teams that affects
> > the look and feel of the Fedora distribution?
>
> Hi Paul,
> I wouldn't limit the scope of this project only on Desktop SIG - it's a big
> but not only the one consumer of UX design. But of course other projects
> should work together with UX and desktop team together.

You're right about the scope of Design work, Jaroslav.  The page I
wrote is not a definition of the Design team's work, but an answer to
a specific question that was posed to the Board.  So it's necessarily
limited in scope to (hopefully) do a good job of answering that
specific question.

But a lot of the discussion in that page draws from the history and
practice on the Design team of working with many other parts of
Fedora.  If anyone wants to draw out pieces to put on the Design
team's main wiki page (or anywhere else that makes sense), I'd
encourage it.