[Design-team] Upcoming Fedora 13 Tasks

Cata catalinfest at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 10:56:01 UTC 2010

I download the script and I run the script in /Downloads .
I got this error :

./countdown_banner.sh fedora13-countdown-banner-ro.svg ro
--> create fedora13-countdown-banner-1.ro.png

** (inkscape:3399): CRITICAL **: Inkscape::XML::Document*
sp_repr_read_file(const gchar*, const gchar*): assertion
`Inkscape::IO::file_test( filename, G_FILE_TEST_EXISTS )' failed

** (inkscape:3410): CRITICAL **: Inkscape::XML::Document*
sp_repr_read_file(const gchar*, const gchar*): assertion
`Inkscape::IO::file_test( filename, G_FILE_TEST_EXISTS )' failed

--> create fedora13-countdown-banner-ro.tar.gz

tar: fedora13-countdown-banner-*.ro*: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

So is need to debug ...

2010/4/12 Alexander Smirnov <inkscaper at gmail.com>

> Good idea Alexander -- I believe that Inkscape is capable of this
>> since it can run in a batch or headless mode (no GUI display) to do
>> PNG exports.
>>
>> Paul
>>

> For creating this banner i used simple script [1] for batch converting to
> png  files and packaging in tar.gz. This has saved a lot of time.
> Most of the time took communicating with the translator. Subject
> associating with translation of the text banner contained about 120
> messages.
> In the future it would be great to integrating text input with a standard
> translation software  (pot / po files).
>
> [1] -
> http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora13/countdown-banner/script/countdown_banner.sh
>
> Thanks,