[Design-team] Advice Request - GTK+ theming

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 20:41:01 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-04-20 at 23:32 +0300, Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Kris Thomsen <lakristho at gmail.com> wrote:
> > And how to build it?
>
> looking at .spec might help you
>
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/gtk-nodoka-engine/F-13/gtk-nodoka-engine.spec?revision=1.32&view=markup
>
> it seems only you need to do
> ./configure && make
That's for release tarbals. Git source is as minimal as possible (i.e.
whatever can be autogenerated, isn't included), so you need to install
autotools (not sure which packages exactly, but probably autoconf and
automake) and run

$ autoreconf --install

from within gtk-nodoka-engine directory first (supposing you are on
master or the ...-rework branch; IIRC the older branches have the
autotools config somehow incomplete and partly broken...). Then you can
run the usual ./configure and make, but I prefer to run ./configure and
make dist, and then use the newer tarbal to rebuild the rpms -- that way
you can get it correctly installed for usage (however, as the master
and ...-rework branches are incomplete [design wise], I would advise
against usage -- even though it is usable and should not cause any
crashes, it would look odd...)

Martin