[Design-team] Freemedia disc labels

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Apr 26 06:39:49 UTC 2010

On 04/20/2010 07:33 PM, Alan Bruce wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Alan

> I'm not a member of your team, but I have put together some labels for
> Live and install media.

We are glad to see new people contributing.

> They are principally designed so that they use minimal ink, which makes
> them more suitable for Freemedia purposes. They also work for full face
> or partial face style printable discs.
>
> I have linked them from my user page at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Muckypups

There: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Disc_label_images

You could have used as a base something from
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MediaArt/F12

> I have tried to follow the guidelines, and I think they're ok in that
> regard.
>
> Just wanted to make sure you have no objections.

The logo usage guidelines seems OK, the copyright disclaimer seems OK,
still:
- the wordmark is blurry, have you used a resized bitmap instead of a
vector source? if so, go to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo and ask
for an SVG;
- I feel the "12" is too tick, use a normal font, not bold, and add a
blue stroke;
- the "installation DVD" text is too close to the right edge, giving an
unbalanced look to the composition.