[Design-team] Proposed changes to firstboot

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 16:10:20 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 09:58:08AM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi Nelson,
>
> On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 12:07 +0100, Nelson Marques wrote:
> > Mizmo,
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/b/b6/Firstboot-sidebar-f13.png
> >
> > I would just point one thing, the image displays something like a
> > "comet", it's trajectory seems to be descent like it is going to crash.
> > I would invert it to make it look the opposite way, like going into
> > oblivion/infinity/sky, instead of coming down towards the mining-full
> > earthlings :)
>
> Ahhh, great point - we don't want folks to think it's the war of the
> worlds lol.
>
> I flipped 'em. If you shift-reload the page you'll see :)

Have you guys considered that the deadline for final POT for software
has already passed?  If you guys want to push this in with brand new
text, you really need to talk to the L10n teams about it first.  They
do allow exceptions, and I know that you want to be fair to our
translation community teams.