[Design-team] need logo to produce Fedora Ballons for events

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Aug 4 15:47:39 UTC 2010

On 08/04/2010 05:58 PM, Ben Williams wrote:
> We are wanting to produce some ballons for events in which ambassadors
> are attending.
>
> http://www.fastballoons.com/main.php?type=cat&catid=4
> we are thinking 12" ballon Perl White with blue ink
>
> since this media (and vender) only seem to support mono printing this
> could be a problem with the trademark guidelines.
>
> What can we do to make these happen to help support Fedora at shows?

Based on the IRC discussion, Ben needs a *monochrome* version of the
logo for cheap printing, which is against the logo usage guidelines.
Using only the wordmark would be, IMO, not pretty enough, the price for
color printing is prohibitive.

I think we may try to use some type of dithering to emulate more than
one color, but not sure a) if we want to allow such usage b) the printer
will be capable.