[Design-team] need logo to produce Fedora Ballons for events

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 4 17:10:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 18:47 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> On 08/04/2010 05:58 PM, Ben Williams wrote:
> > We are wanting to produce some ballons for events in which ambassadors
> > are attending.
> >
> > http://www.fastballoons.com/main.php?type=cat&catid=4
> > we are thinking 12" ballon Perl White with blue ink
> >
> > since this media (and vender) only seem to support mono printing this
> > could be a problem with the trademark guidelines.
> >
> > What can we do to make these happen to help support Fedora at shows?
>
> Based on the IRC discussion, Ben needs a *monochrome* version of the
> logo for cheap printing, which is against the logo usage guidelines.
> Using only the wordmark would be, IMO, not pretty enough, the price for
> color printing is prohibitive.
>
> I think we may try to use some type of dithering to emulate more than
> one color, but not sure a) if we want to allow such usage b) the printer
> will be capable.

So more than one color is okay just a bit more expensive (I believe Ben
mentioned $0.25 vs $0.60 per balloon.)

I created a PickPic page for the project:
http://django.parcodiyellowstone.it/pickpic/viewimg/?project_id=113

One idea is to do half the balloons one color / just the Fedora logo,
the other half have the full logo. eg

http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/Fedora_Artwork/white-baloon.jpg

http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/Fedora%
20Collateral/Balloons/blue-balloon.png