[Design-team] GNOME as the default desktop (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Minutes - 2010-12-06)

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed Dec 15 21:26:15 UTC 2010

+1

I support Mairin keeping the team running,the meetings & writeups are great
for me as someone with a minor role here :)

On 15 Dec 2010, 8:32 PM, "Máirín Duffy" <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

Hi Jóhann,

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 18:55 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> "19:20:09 <mizmo> nicubunu, i dont think so, the thing that is different
> now than what has happened before is that as part of my full-time job at
> red hat, i keep this team running
> 19:20:28 <mizmo> nicubunu, having the design team for Fedora is really
> important enough that i'm paid to make sure it's going"
>
> "I keep this team running" there's no I in team...

Have you contacted any member of the Fedora design team to ask them if
they read my statement in the logs as you are interpreting it here or if
any of them have taken any other issue with it?

Let's not assume there are problems where there are none, and be
productive about this, okay? :) Remember we're to be excellent to each
other - I think we all appreciate issues being raised where they exist
but the Fedora design team is a very friendly, welcoming, fun, and
respectful group of friends and we don't really fit the picture you are
painting here. I do not think they would agree with your take on this.

So maybe let's get back to the issue at hand? And open a new thread on
this if it is truly an issue worth raising? (Although honestly it's
likely better resolved within the design team itself.)