[Design-team] GNOME background in Fedora 15

Onyeibo Oku twohotis at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 09:08:13 UTC 2010

On 12/18/2010 09:58 AM, Martin Sourada wrote:

> Will it be clear that:
>        * It's not OpenSUSE?
>        * It's not Debian?
>
> Ubuntu isn't the only other major distro and when it comes to community
> driven effort, Debian is IMHO our main competitor.
>
> Martin

Maybe if openSUSE adopted a green version of the stripes and Debian had
a tinge of Red to it.  Then the Gnome design people would have
effectively given other distro-based designers a holiday too.

I see legitimate concerns from both sides and the fact that the
wallpaper (in question) is blue, makes the Gnome proposal attractive. If
this is really a one-time thing and other distros buy it ... I think we
can live with it (though I wish Fedora had a stronger set of icon themes
to match the coming gnome graphics ... we could score great points there)

--
Oku Onyeibo
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/user:twohot