[Design-team] GNOME background in Fedora 15

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Mon Dec 20 18:13:19 UTC 2010

Martin Sourada (martin.sourada at gmail.com) said:
> So in short, let's be *first* to ship GNOME 3 and let's be *first* to
> ship it with our own visual identity. We, the fedora design team, should
> be leaders in our area as well ;-)

I don't want to stir up too much of a hornet's nest, but does Fedora
even *HAVE* a visual identity? AFAIK, it's:

- fedora icon on the panel
- MgOpen/Comfortaa on materials/web site
- Some sort of blue background each release (with no continuity
  from release to release)

The first of these isn't noticeable unless you're looking really close;
the second isn't relevant to the desktop, and the third is actually
satisfied by the proposed change.

Bill