[Design-team] GNOME background in Fedora 15

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 20 18:44:33 UTC 2010

> Martin Sourada (martin.sourada at gmail.com) said:
> > So in short, let's be *first* to ship GNOME 3 and let's be *first* to
> > ship it with our own visual identity. We, the fedora design team, should
> > be leaders in our area as well ;-)
>
> I don't want to stir up too much of a hornet's nest, but does Fedora
> even *HAVE* a visual identity?

Yes it does. We use a particular color palette and style. To suggest it
doesn't I don't think is really being fair.

> - fedora icon on the panel
> - MgOpen/Comfortaa on materials/web site
> - Some sort of blue background each release (with no continuity
>   from release to release)
>
> The first of these isn't noticeable unless you're looking really close;
> the second isn't relevant to the desktop, and the third is actually
> satisfied by the proposed change.

>From the web page banner to the disc label/sleeve to
syslinux/grub/firstboot/anaconda to the wallpaper there is a common
theme.

(these don't show the print collateral but I think show the point of
continuity otherwise):

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_Artwork