[Design-team] Fedora 15 GNOME Default Wallpaper

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 13:39:35 UTC 2010

I think this is wrong:

> Provide the *better* default.

That assumes that there is such a thing as 'better' when really it's
subjective. X might be better for Fedora, Y might be better for Gnome
and either might be equally good for a user!

> The default is what the users will see for the first time ans what the
> reviews will feature. It is the first impression and is important.

If there was a choice then the reviews would notice that, surely?
Would they complain more about being offered a choice than about
someone else's idea of the 'better' background?

I would be much more worried about first impressions of things like
Gnome Shell than the background. If we provide Gnome Shell by default,
will anyone even notice the background?

-Cam