[Design-team] Fedora 15 GNOME Default Wallpaper

Catalin catalinfest at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 09:27:27 UTC 2010

Maybe it's time for a change. I do not like excessive stubbornness and
anchoring in the past. I do not think that is a matter of
manipulation. It's just one step. Fedora had a few wallpapers that
have not been very successful. Eventually we stop to go in parallel
with Fedora wallpaper. Gnome's wallpaper to version 3.0. If you go the
idea that the design team is not able to make a wallpaper, we will not
achieve anything. Evolution of the involution is not successful, and
vice versa, the involution is not evolution.

2010/12/23 Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>:
> On 12/23/2010 06:32 AM, Kirk Bridger wrote:
>>
>> Fab's comment below seems to be a recurring feeling in this thread that
>> I want to better understand.
>
> Let me intervene here, as I am one of the older people around.
>
>> How does using a wallpaper that was not a product of solely this team
>> [1] result in fear for the future of this team?
>>
>> I understand that the wallpaper is a large part of the visual identity
>> of a Fedora release.  I don't understand the idea that the team's very
>> existence is somehow threatened if each and every release's wallpaper
>> isn't custom made. Perhaps it is a part of the team history that I'm
>> unaware of?
>
> I may sound dramatic, but during its existence the Design Team was over
> the time assaulted by the Red Hat Desktop Team by using its control of
> the default (GNOME Live CD) spin, for example they blocked the icon
> project developed by our team (Echo, which was "good" while led by one
> people from RHDT), they removed the Nodoka theme for a plain upstream
> default (despite opposition from other sub-projects using it for other
> spins), they forced a new notification theme on everybody without asking
> and so on.
>
> Is also not the first time when they propose changing the wallpaper with
> something external. Some people here don't buy the "is a one time only
> thing" and expect to hear later "see how well it worked? let's do it again"
>
>> It sounds like if the team doesn't create a wallpaper then it ceases to
>> provide value to Fedora?
>
> This is the very first item our team created (that brought us together)
> and the most visible of our products.
>
> --
> nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/

My sites: