[Design-team] F13 Rockets

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Mon Feb 1 05:28:51 UTC 2010

Hi,

I spent some time this weekend working on another iteration of the
Fedora rocket lines idea [1]. Tatica put together a 3D rocket in Blender
[2], so I used this rocket to make a new composition roughly based on
the rocket lines sketch:

http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/Resources/Fedora%20Release%
20Themes/F13/Alpha/Rocket%20Trails/rockets5a.png

Inkscape Source:
http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/Resources/Fedora%20Release%
20Themes/F13/Alpha/Rocket%20Trails/skytrails1.svgz

Rocket trails on transparent BG:
http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/Resources/Fedora%20Release%
20Themes/F13/Alpha/Rocket%20Trails/rockets.png

Gimp source:
http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/Resources/Fedora%20Release%
20Themes/F13/Alpha/Rocket%20Trails/rockets5.xcf.gz

Do you have any ideas for improvement or how to work this more? I think
it may be too literal, and by default maybe we should take the rockets
and stars out or something and just work with the trails only for an
abstract pattern. Not sure though. What do you think? Critique
please! :)

~m

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F13-concept-rocketlines.png
[2] http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/Resources/Fedora%20Release
%20Themes/F13/Alpha/Rocket%20Trails/rocket9.png