[Design-team] F13 Rockets

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 21:58:09 UTC 2010

2010/2/7 Máirín Duffy <mairin at linuxgrrl.com>:
> On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 09:28 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> I see two problems with the design, probably both are solvable:
>> - to me the rockets look pretty much like some big white blobs. I
>> understand you had to make them white, since the 3D model looked pretty
>> much like a rocket *toy*, but I think it should be also be simplified.
>> Space rockets are not that big compared with their trails and their
>> wings are definitely not that big.
>> - the sky/space is a bit too dark and too plain and the white mist at
>> the bottom is somewhat unrealistic. Maybe we can add some colors and
>> make it not that dark.
>
> Okay, I really re-worked this puppy:
>
> - It's a lot more abstract. I pulled the rockets.
>
> - I used spiro splines to make the rocket trails
>
> - I did a lot of gimping to texturize and glow the wallpaper.
>
> Some inspiration I drew from:
>
> http://colorcharge.com/chroma/
>
> http://www.bartelme.at/journal/archive/flow_wallpaper/
>
> The concept behind this, is there's 3 different rockets that have flown
> in swirls and they're meeting together out in the distance of space.
>
> What do you think? I know it's dark but... it is space-y :)

A bit dark to the left.. and for some reason I feel like it needs a
target... I know it fits in with the general soft, blue backgrounds we
have had.. but oooooh I wonder if we could mix the Sun background with
this one.. or a moon photo? [Ok I loved that theme.. ]

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning