[Design-team] Mail Ethics

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Wed Feb 10 14:28:15 UTC 2010

Hi Onyeibo,

On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 12:55 +0100, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
> I'm observing a rather troubling trend in our mails.  Its getting harder
> to follow the threads with excessive quoting.  Those who follow the
> design-team mails remotely would find life more bearable if we quote
> only what is necessary. Browsing through a huge maze of read mails to
> find responses and new comments is not fun (Hope I'm not alone in this).

I think we really just need to be more vigilant about following the
Fedora mailing list guidelines that Nicu has already pointed out.

It seems we have a lot of newcomers to the list who may not be aware of
those guidelines. Since the email chaos that has ensured clearly bothers
you, I was wondering if you would be willing to help us moderate the
list by contacting individual 'offenders' and pointing them towards the
mailing list guidelines by contacting them off-list?