[Design-team] Cheating with Fedora

Juan Rodriguez nushio at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 11 01:03:25 UTC 2010

One of the linux myths is that using the operative system means using the
command line, but why should we demonize it?

Introducing... The Fedora Cheat Cube!

No longer does using the terminal have to involve memorizing obscure
commands, you can always have a fun cube around to remember the important
things, like yum commands and navigating with the terminal.

This would be a fun thing to hand out at Fedora booths at events, and I
intend to get this translated into spanish and hand them out at the FLISOL.

Now, it wouldn't be much help if I didn't give out the source, which you can
find at

One of the things I've been suggested to do is to include the 4 Foundations
somewhere (Possibly on the "Fedora cheat cube" side?), and also a link to
the http://join.fedoraproject.org website.

Another idea I have, is to prepend a $ on commands that can be run as a
normal user, and # to commands that *require* root to work, then add a
footnote on each side to indicate that.

Other than that, the help I'd really appreciate is giving the frontal face
(The one with the Fedora logo) a make over, so it actually looks good.

Thanks for your time!

Disclaimer: The original cube was taken from gnome-look.org
[1] http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?action=content&content=119833

Ing. Juan M. Rodriguez Moreno
Desarrollador de Sistemas Abiertos
Sitio: http://proyectofedora.org/mexico