[Design-team] Hands-on: new single-window mode makes GIMP less gimpy

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 15:01:31 UTC 2010

Seth Vidal (skvidal at fedoraproject.org) said:
> Is this how you think of yourself? As the design Elite?
>
> Afaict nothing done on the linux desktop  in the last 10 yrs has
> been anything other than a copy of whatever windows and osx did
> before.

gnome-shell certainly doesn't look like Windows or Mac to me. Neither
does Moblin, for that matter. (Neither did the original specs of
Enlightenment, and that was a long time ago.)

> But I'm just a simpleton, clearly not elite, what would I know?
>
> -sv
>
> ps: look at the hisory of those people who ignored the masses. Look at how
> many of them ended under the bootheel of history. Change happens through
> evolution, revolutions just cause sufferring.

Woohoo, we've stumbled into a Tea Party meeting. Fun. Can we *all* stop
sniping at each other pointlessly and get back to useful work?

Bill