[Design-team] Hands-on: new single-window mode makes GIMP less gimpy

Hristo Petkov vaeood at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 11 18:22:06 UTC 2010

Hi,

--- On Thu, 2/11/10, Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Bill Nottingham wrote:

>> Afaict nothing done on the linux desktop  in the last 10 yrs has
>> been anything other than a copy of whatever windows and osx did
>> before.
>
> gnome-shell certainly doesn't look like Windows or Mac to me. Neither
> does Moblin, for that matter. (Neither did the original specs of
> Enlightenment, and that was a long time ago.)

This has nothing to do with Gnome or KDE or whatever.

The word is going on about the users.

People do not want to change their habits just so. They do not want to learn anything new, if there is an option not to learn it. They always look for something familiar, something known and reliable.

For good or bad it is exactly Windows and MAC that formed the computer habits of the world and now we all have to consider and to have in mind this circumstance.

Regards