[Design-team] Some more news on the Design Suite

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Feb 17 11:03:47 UTC 2010

On 02/17/2010 12:51 PM, Martin Sourada wrote:

> As for a very very quick look on the content -- why do we have OOo
> Impress but not the rest of the OOo suit (at least I haven't noticed it
> in menus)? This is IMHO just duplicating some of Inkscape functionality.

We didn't get yet to the step of making a decision if we remove
duplicates or no.

Probably the idea was Impress is design related, so it can fit the target.

Even if it is a poor duplicate of Inkscape (if you are used to Inkscape,
Impress is *frustrating*) I think if the space allow we should leave it
there and even add the rest of OpenOffice.org (the core is already
there, the rest is small potatoes), because it enables the user (the
Designer) to to stuff with his work, for example create a slideshow or
an article for publishing.

Sure, if the target is a single CD, then OOo should stay out completely,
no Impress, no nothing.