[Design-team] Live-CD icon

Onyeibo Oku twohotis at fastmail.fm
Fri Feb 26 16:36:28 UTC 2010

There is an update now with those corrections included.  I'm thinking
about the suggestion to use something generic.  The Fedora logo (alone)
looks like a good candidate.  What do you think?  If we agree to have a
Live-CD icon, who takes care of its inclusion in the subsequent media
(autorun.inf etc.)?

Should we agree to have variants, then I think the Blue disk (no
lighting) is cool.  I've tested it on most of the wallpapers that ship
with Fedora ... not bad.
I'll pause for input for the meantime.

--
Oku, Onyeibo
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Twohot
> ------------------------------
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:40:13 +0200
> From: Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>
> Subject: Re: [Design-team] Live-CD icon
> To: Fedora Design Team <design-team at lists.fedoraproject.org>
>
> On 02/24/2010 08:33 PM, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
> > Incidentally I had created some variants.  I decided to implement the
> > design of the life sized Live-CDs/DVDs.  This is what I got:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Fedora-Live-CD-icons.tar.bz
> >
> > The archive contains three alternatives.  I added lighting to one of the
> > CDs for variation. Its easier to add the "CD" or "DVD" texts to the
> > latest variants.
> > So, which one is it going to be?  I'm not decided yet.
>
> They are beautiful, but can you drop the version number (12) so the icon
> can be reused without modification for any Fedora version? Also, instead
> of writing Fedora with MgOpen, can you use instead a SVG of our logotype
> (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines#The_Logotype)?
>
> --
> nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/

                          or over the web