[Design-team] f13 rockets simple sketch

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jan 15 07:32:34 UTC 2010

On 01/14/2010 06:37 PM, Mel Chua wrote:
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F13-concept-rocketlines.png
>>>
>>> I think it would be cool for the trails of the rockets to have an
>>> organic shape to them like they're flower stems or something.
>
> I saw this and immediately thought "whoa, rising rockets with trails
> would make an awesome graphical boot."

It made me think about an airshow, when you see airplanes flying with
trails of various colors, drawing stuff on the sky, you know, thing like
this:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Yeovilton_Air_Day_airshow.jpg
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Red_Arrows_Sunderland_Airshow_2009_%281%29.jpg
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Red_Arrows_Pass_By,_Radom_Airshow_2005.jpg

To be honest, it made me think more at anime I saw recently where they
had such colored trails drawn by some ships (or they were mechas? I
guess so) preparing for some intergalactic fight (that being the link
with space :D )