[Design-team] Firefox Personas

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Fri Jan 22 21:48:20 UTC 2010

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010, Nicu Buculei wrote:

> While I see no problem with stamping such a skin as "official", I want
> to make my voice heard against just in the cases someone propose
> shipping the default browser pre-configured to look like that: it
> would be a *bad thing*, a violation of the GNOME HiG and an
> inconsistency in the desktop.

To be clear:

I wasn't suggesting incorporating a Fedora-inspired Firefox Persona into
the default settings that are in any spin.

Rather, I was thinking about having some Fedora Personas that are
designed by folks who are part of the design team, and that people could
find and enable on their machine post-install if they wanted to.

For instance, I can imagine a one with the Fedora color scheme and some
sort of electrical theme for Fedora Electronics Lab.

In short -- people are already creating Fedora personas, and more will
come.  Why not make sure that there are good ones out there?

--Max