[Design-team] Fedora Branding Fonts

Nelson Marques nmo.marques at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 18:17:52 UTC 2010

 Máirín,

 I'm not quite sure on what you mean with accents. They seem to work
properly for me, I mean even in latin words which are full of them. I
actually have MgOpen Modata as my default font for my GNOME theme and
I've never identified any problem beyond the €.

 The description says: "The MgOpen fonts are a font family that includes
Latin and Greek glyphs." > the accents are widely used in latin
languages like spanish and portuguese.

 In attachment. The only problem I've actually seen on MgOpen Modata was
that it's lacking some symbols, amongst them the Euro (€) sign. The
accents seem to work.

  This are the packages I have installed:

[root at barracuda ~]# rpm -qi `rpm -qa | grep mgopen-modata`
Name        : mgopen-modata-fonts          Relocations: (not
relocatable)
Version     : 0.20050515                        Vendor: Fedora Project
Release     : 16.fc12                       Build Date: Mon 27 Jul 2009
02:32:39 AM WEST
Install Date: Tue 25 May 2010 08:31:15 PM WEST      Build Host:
x86-7.fedora.phx.redhat.com
Group       : User Interface/X              Source RPM:
mgopen-fonts-0.20050515-16.fc12.src.rpm
Size        : 295225                           License: MgOpen
Signature   : RSA/8, Thu 25 Feb 2010 10:19:49 PM WET, Key ID
7edc6ad6e8e40fde
Packager    : Fedora Project
URL         : http://www.ellak.gr/fonts/mgopen/
Summary     : Truetype fixed-stroke-width sans serif font faces
Description :
The MgOpen fonts are a font family that includes Latin and Greek glyphs.
The fonts have been released under a liberal license, similar to the
license covering the Bitstream Vera fonts.
This package contains the MgOpen Modata sans serif fixed-stroke-width
which is based on the design of VAG rounded.
[root at barracuda ~]# rpm -qa | grep mgopen
mgopen-modata-fonts-0.20050515-16.fc12.noarch
mgopen-fonts-common-0.20050515-16.fc12.noarch

 Hope this helps,

 Nelson