[Design-team] Fedora Branding Fonts

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 2 19:25:47 UTC 2010

Hi Nicolas :)

On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 21:15 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On this list, Droid is a free font, Quicksand has no real licence (so no
> clear legal status) and the others are not FLOSS fonts. So if you wan to
> stay within the Fedora project goals, Droid is your only choice (which
> sucks for me as I am behind my package maintenance schedule in Fedora)

No non-free fonts are going to be acceptable unless we contact the font
authors and come to an agreement on the license. But I think we should
cast a wide net, because in my experience most font authors are quite
happy to reconsider their licenses (actually I've talked to maybe 12 or
so and none of them have told me no!)