[Design-team] Fedora Branding Fonts

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jul 3 03:11:07 UTC 2010

Hi Misha!

On Sat, 2010-07-03 at 11:45 +0900, Misha Shnurapet wrote:
> В Птн, 02/07/2010 в 22:54 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot пишет:
> > As for Modata, ga(28) means it sucks for Gaelic (Irish)
>
> Oh, yeah, I hit the same kind of problem with Russian while making
> pocket calendars with Fedora stuff on the face. I had to use Modata
> fontface for the rest of the text. I was lucky, and it did good for
> printing because having 6 or 8 pt on paper requires the most
> readability. 1000 pcs found their place in wallets.

Would you be willing to help us find a Russian-friendly font or a
supplementary font for Russian folks to use to match our branding? I
don't think there are many native Russian speakers here on the design
team list, so your expertise would be very much appreciated!

BTW the pocket calendar project sounds awesome! Do you have any photos
of how they came out?