[Design-team] Why the commented packages?

P Papadeas ppapadeas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 05:26:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 8:08 AM, Chris Jones <chrisjones at comcen.com.au> wrote:
>> Hey Chris!
>>
>> I suppose these packages were commented out by Sebastian (this is what
>> Git says :P) to try to decide if they are going to be part of the
>> suite... (also pinta still needs to be reviewed)
>>
>> If you feel you want to make some proposals i suggest working on [1]
>> so we can keep track of the proposals and the rational around them :)
>>
>> Some marketing work and targets should be also laid in, and I will do
>> it on the next couple of days on the wiki...
>

> Yeah I think it just requires tidying up and some careful attention to
> detail of the included packages. Some, of which I think could be not
> included.
> What's the best way I can work on this and keep the team informed of
> my progress? I'm scouring git and seriously have idea how to use it.
>
> Cheers

I recommend sticking on this wiki page for the planning and proposals
(for inclusions or exclusions) and making some tests on your own
following the instructions here [1].

Once we get to know each other and decide on some key principles on
package "style" etc we can start having them committed on git and
watch those nightly builds get out in the wild :)

I assume the planning and self-test stage should happen within the
next 2-3 weeks and then have some first more publicly accessible test
cases, workflow reviews etc...

What do you think?

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/LiveCDHowTo

~π