[Design-team] Design team story....

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 10:14:45 UTC 2010

2010/6/29 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
> Hi Robyn!
>
> On Sun, 2010-06-27 at 09:01 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>> Here's a bit of what I was thinking (subject to change - feel free to
>> throw your own ideas out!) -
>>
>> * Look at all the different projects / deliverables Design produces
>> throughout the cycle - from concept to shipment of each release.  How
>> to get involved.
>> * Tools! What are the tools used - perhaps even talk about Design Suite a bit.
>> * Discuss doing things openly - with open tools, why this is important.
>> * How can non-designers help? Feedback loop, etc.
>
> Here's a summary of the ideas we came up with during the design team
> meeting:
>
> - Interview with Nicu Buculei on how he got started with Open Clip Art
> and also highlighting openclipart.org as a tool for designers (maybe
> have a sidebar on OCAL/Inkcape integration feature?), maybe explaining
> public domain and SVGs?
>
> - Interview with Tatica Leandro on her Gimp podcasts and how they are
> used in SA high schools, and maybe do a highlight on using Gimp as a
> tool.
>
> - Interview Luya Tshimbalanga on the Fedora-fr Muffin magazine project,
> show some screenshots of the design, maybe have a highlight on Scribus.
>
> - Interview Jef van Schendel on how he got started with the design team
> via Design Team bounty, maybe highlight open office as a tool since he
> used that for his bounty?
>
> - Martin Sourada / Nicu Buculei / Pierros Papadeas - interview on their
> presentation of the Fedora design team process at Libre Graphics Meeting
> 2010, maybe with a highlight on LGM and what it's about and its history?
>
> - You could interview me too, since it seems no general Inkscape
> highlight in the list, I could talk about how I use Inkscape to create
> UI mockups and show some off for the article.
>
> Does anybody else have an idea or want to volunteer for an interview?
> Ian, would you be willing to be interviewed on our brand book?
>
> I think for each interview you could have a little sidebar for the
> highlighted tool talking about the upstream website and the install
> instructions for getting it on Fedora.

That is actually a really cool idea (sidebar on tool). :)

Sorry I've been lax on this - holiday weekend and I went down to
Phoenix a few days early to meet with some folks from ASU on our
we-should-definitely-know-this-week-if-we-can-use-their-facilities-for-FUDCon
process. :DD

I'll try to pop into today's meeting - I'd like to schedule one
meeting a week until we're done-ish. I think the list above is a
really great set and I have no objections at all to that.  If we could
draw up a schedule today in the meeting - I'll take that list, put it
on the wiki and get to work. ;)

Thanks everyone!

-Robyn