[Design-team] 06 Jul 2010 Design team meeting summary

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 12:50:21 UTC 2010

Hi Jakub,

On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 10:39 +0200, Jakub Steiner wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 17:49 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>
> > We could potentially change the Fedora logotype to the FLOSS titling
> > font we choose, but that will need to involve Red Hat approval as the
> > trademark is owned by Red Hat. Just something to consider.
>
> Hi Mo,
> personally I don't consider this part necessary. Usually it is desirable
> not to mess with the logotype (dilluting it by creating subbrands,
> etc...). I don't see an immediate need to have the actual logotype set
> in a Freely licensed font.

I don't think we want to mess with the logotype, but we'd like it to use
font we can use without issues _anywhere else_, so ideally we'd switch
the fedora logotype font to something FLOSS with good latin glyphs
coverage. What we're doing now is matching the logotype font with some
other that looks similar, which is suboptimal...

Btw. welcome to Red Hat and Fedora :)

Martin