[Design-team] 06 Jul 2010 Design team meeting summary

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Jul 7 15:05:22 UTC 2010

On 07/07/2010 05:51 PM, Jakub Steiner wrote:

> But just like openSUSE didn't have to have the actual logo recreated
> based on the new type, I don't think Fedora needs to do so either.

The line of thinking is, if the font was free, that whoud show better
our commitment to freedom, but that is not a blocker, we have the
wordmark in vector format and can use it as we want.

> I really hope Johan will be willing to relicense Comfortaa, it would be
> quite a time saver. I would love to work on making this work better as a
> screen font as well (in terms of weight/spacing, not hinting). Fedora
> would benefit for having this used as a default WM font.

That would be amazing, honestly until now the team lacked someone with
experience in font design, I hope we can "steal" some knowledge in the
area from you.