[Design-team] pop up business cards

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Jul 13 06:40:13 UTC 2010

On 07/12/2010 08:02 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk
>
> (via Fab on identi.ca :) )
>
> Wouldn't it be sweet if we had a pop-up biz card design for Fedora
> contributors?

Is too early in the morning for me to understand if you are serious or
sarcastic, but I think that is a really bad idea:

1.) I print my Fedora cards from my own money so price *is* an important
factor
2.) if someone would give me a card like that, it will end in the
nearest trash can. Why? simple: I don't have the pockets to put it in
and carry it to my office and at the office I don't have the place where
to put it (other else than the trash can)

With that said, here is a constructive idea: how about making possible,
for people who want that, to add the hackergotchi image on the cards? I
saw someone doing this (my friend Rejon from status.net) and think it is
an *awesome* idea and a nice and warm human touch.