[Design-team] 13 Jul 2010 Design team meeting summary

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 13 21:59:26 UTC 2010

> On 07/14/2010 02:46 AM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork_Feedback
> >

> I haven't been following all the discussions here but hopefully these
> are useful suggestions.  This page should explicitly link to the artwork
> that you are collecting feedback on.

It does, see the first link! :) No reason why we can't inline the
image(s) right in the page though. The main
point of this page is more for us to put all the feedback we gather from
elsewhere in one central place, though.

> > Fabsh is managing the F14 supplemental wallpaper collection. They are
> > due August 19th. The wiki page to collect submissions is here:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork_Supplemental_Wallpapers_Submissions
> >
> > Fabsh will advertise the supplemental wallpaper collection via blog,
> > twitter/identi.ca, and mailing list starting tomorrow.
> >

> Can this page have a small introduction on what supplemental artwork
> means?

Sounds like a good idea. I wrote up a little thing with a screenshot.
Fab, can you look over it?

> > ======================================
> >
> > Mizmo talked a little bit about the fedoraproject.org redesign. The
> > schedule for the work is here:
> > http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-14/f-14-web-tasks.html
> >
> > She also posted a couple of mockups for the project:
> >
> > http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/webdesign/fedoraproject.org/fedoraproject.org.3.png
> >

> Do you intend to collect feedback on this from forums and users mailing
> list?  One immediate feedback is that this page is 3 screens long which
> seems excessive.

My immediate answer to this concern is http://iampaddy.com/lifebelow600/
- please take a look at it.

There's nothing wrong with a long webpage IMHO - but you'll note snipped
out of the quote above, we've added netbooks to the test plan as well as
a mobile version of the site.

Thanks for the feedback Rahul!