[Design-team] Nightly compose gone?!?

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Wed Jul 14 13:29:13 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Chris Jones <chrisjones at comcen.com.au> wrote:
> Is it just me, or has the nightly compose vanished from the server?

Not just you. :) I should been a little bit more verbose in terms of
maintainership. So there are nightly builds happening here [1] and
their logs get stored here [2] (however, only the most recent snapshot
will appear there). The fact that [1] is empty means that either the
build did not happen or failed. If you look at [2], you'll see that
the latest log is named 20100713.15-FAILED-i386.log. It contains the
output of livecd-creator. In this case, the interesting message is
this:

Error creating Live CD : Failed to build transaction :
entangle-0.1.0-4.fc14.i686 requires libgirepository-1.0.so.0

So that looks like something in Rawhide is broken. I'm not entirely
sure, but it certainly helps at identifying the cause. Maybe it's just
a rebuild for the entangle package that's needed. If you commented the
entangle package in the kickstart file out, the build would run
through. It might make sense to poke the maintainer of entangle about
it, though (to figure out whether it's a known problem with entangle
or just a general breakage in rawhide, in which case the devel list
would know).

Another note on testing: If you want to test locally (which consumes
lots of bandwidth and space, though), you can follow these
instructions, which create an .iso file:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/LiveCDHowTo

You'd want to run it against the kickstart file from the GIT repo, though.

Thanks for posting about this - I hadn't noticed it before, either! :)
--Sebastian

[1] http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/design-suite/
[2] http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/design-suite/logs/