[Design-team] Need help/suggestions reg. the design/UI of an app.

kishan goyal fabhoneydew at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 20:20:03 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Recently, yevlempy [1] and myself, Kishan [2] decided to write a
desktop application (game) based on the  "Spelling Bee" format popular
across the world. Read more about 'spelling bee' here.[3]  But, being
a game, it requires to have a nice UI appealing to the target
user-base, in this case, children of 8-16 yrs. [4] would give a proper
underatanding and a somewhat-demo of the kind of app. we are planning
it to be.

 And the problem lies herein. Neither of us have any experience
reagrding artwork/design and we are not good at it either. I know some
PyGtk and have used the Glade interface designer before. Sitting down
for a couple of hours, I managed to come up with this [5] And, I think
it looks ugly. So we request you guys to guide us on how to go about
this.

Any suggestions/feedback and pointers would be of great help!

Thanks!

[1] http://yevlempy.wordpress.com/
[2] http://honeyinveins.wordpress.com/

[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelling_bee