[Design-team] Our weekly meetings

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 10:01:11 UTC 2010

Hi Nicu and others,

On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 09:08 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> On 07/22/2010 12:31 AM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> >
> > Now that we've had 7 [1] weekly team meetings (wow! lol) over the past
> > couple of months, I am wondering how everyone thinks things are going.
> > Do you think the meetings are running well? Do you think we could
> > improve how we run them? Do you think the agendas are too full? Are we
> > trying to take too much work on?
>
> One of the things that worries me the most is long-time contributors
> participated maybe once or twice  and not returned... I am genuinely
> curious why: the time is bad, the meetings are not interesting to them,
> we are turning to bureaucratic, corporate-like, it ws just a coincidence
> (we all have busy life), etc. I'm not pointing fingers, would be happy
> to have a private chat with my friends on this topic.

don't worry, point the finger on me... I know I'm a bit bad with keeping
up with these things. Unless there's a topic I'm *really* interested in,
I tend to forgot to log in (usually I recall there was a meeting only
after it had already ended)... Plus the other things I have to cope with
(school, diploma thesis, etc.) does not exactly help me with remembering
about the meeting... Sorry about that. It's not like I'm avoiding it on
purpose, the meetings are IMHO quite fresh and well progressing.

Btw. for people like me, it's really useful when Mo (or someone else, if
Mo doesn't have the time) posts the summaries, so we can quickly get up
to date with what we missed (without having to read the full logs)...

Martin