[Design-team] Source for possible wallpapers

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Jul 26 06:04:53 UTC 2010

On 07/23/2010 07:10 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> This site has gazillions of highres images of microscopic
> photographs of lunar mineral samples. Some of the images
> are pretty spectacular and make great wallpapers.
>
> http://ser.sese.asu.edu/cgi-bin/DPSC_Binderview.pl?missionid=ap15&notebook=ap1505
>
> For instance, one of my favorites is:
>
> http://ser.sese.asu.edu/cgi-bin/DPSC_Position.pl?position=ap1505_04_18

There are indeed many of them, we could potentially use one or two, I
think (not many, since the space is limited and we don't want to be
repetitive).

> I have no idea what sort of license might be associated
> with them, but you'd think apollo photographs would be
> public domain (maybe :-).

The Apollo photos are PD, but what is there is more than that, including
scanning and post-processing, so we do have to ask for license
clarification.