[Design-team] Font comparison

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Jul 29 06:09:29 UTC 2010

On 07/29/2010 07:43 AM, Emily Dirsh wrote:

> I started making up the type samples for font comparison, but I kept
> thinking that something interactive would be more useful, so I made this
> <http://www.fightingcrane.com/emily/fedora/fontfight/> instead. Everyone
> go and try it out so we can pick a font already. :)

Awesome Emily, this is what we we needed

> Here's the full url:
> http://www.fightingcrane.com/emily/fedora/fontfight/

Looking comparatively, I can say I *do* prefer Cantarell, it is more
spaced, having "air to breath"... compared with it Droid looks to me
crammed, busy.
I also  like Cantarell shapes, think they are more elegant, giving us a
more special, individual look - compare for example the glyph for "8" in
both fonts.