[Design-team] Font comparison

Jef van Schendel jefvanschendel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 14:18:35 UTC 2010

2010/7/29 Emily Dirsh <emily at fightingcrane.com>

>  Hi all,
>
> I started making up the type samples for font comparison, but I kept
> thinking that something interactive would be more useful, so I made this<http://www.fightingcrane.com/emily/fedora/fontfight/>instead. Everyone go and try it out so we can pick a font already. [image:
> :)]

That's awesome, Emily!

It's weird that Droid Sans looks so bad at regular sizes... It looks much
better if you scale it down (which makes sense I guess since it's for
Android and all). With regular sizes Cantarell looks much better.

I tried it out in a few documents and at smaller sizes Cantarell still looks
nice.

I know very little about fonts but I'd say go with Cantarell - especially
since it's made using FOSS and it isn't used as widely as Droid Sans.

Jef