[Design-team] Font comparison

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 21:18:10 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 23:07 +0200, Jef van Schendel wrote:
>         I find Droid easier to read on a line, and at smaller sizes.
>         Droid also does have cyrillic and greek, and according to
>         wikipedia, it's supposed to have CJK support? ¯\(°_°)/¯
>

> AFAIK, CJK means Asian fonts, as in Chinese/Japanese/Korean. Could be
> wrong though.

Quoting wikipedia[1]:
"CJK is a collective term for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, which
constitute the main East Asian languages. The term is used in the field
of software and communications internationalization."

So yes, you are basically correct (although Asia is much bigger than
China, Japan and Korea...).

Martin