[Design-team] design team bi-weekly bounties

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 3 22:13:36 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

I was reading Mel's blog post about the F13 press kit [1] and when Mel
asked for some help with the layout I had an idea.

Rather than spend the time to just do it, I thought it'd be better to
document what needed to be done, how to do it, and post it to try to
encourage a new design contributor. So I got the idea for doing a
regular series of blog posts - maybe we can pick the next task at our
next meeting from our ticket queue. Quick & easy tasks that get new
designers familiar with our tools (FAS, wiki, IRC, mailing list, posting
sources) I think are good candidates.

The blog post is here:

(shortened URL is http://2tu.us/26qi)

Do you have any ideas on design communities we could publicize it with?
Michael, do you have some twitter design groups you could share it with?
I posted it to !linux on identi.ca and I also posted some promos for it
on these deviantart groups:

I think we should maybe put together a standard listing of places to
post links to each of our bounties to try to get more folks on the

What do you think about any of this?